Thompson's HR Compliance Expert | FMLA Compliance
Thompson’s Family and Medical Leave Handbook is the most comprehensive and easy-to-use resource of its kind. The Family and Medical Leave Handbook provides comprehensive analysis and practical guidance on how to most effectively implement FMLA policies and responds to questions related to your day-to-day leave issues.
With Thompson’s Family and Medical Leave Handbook you can:
- Comply with the FMLA with ease
- Administer leave policies with confidence
- Integrate your leave policies so they meet FMLA and state-law requirements
- Determine employee eligibility for leave and apply the proper procedures for reinstatement
- Understand the definition of a "serious health condition" as it applies to your leave policies
- Reduce fraud and avoid wrongfully discharging employees
- And more!
Major Topics Covered
Family and Medical Leave Handbook helps you achieve and maintain FMLA compliance effectively. It provides practical guidance on the U.S. Department of Labor’s recent regulatory changes and provides tools to help you master all other FMLA requirements:
- Responding to Leave Requests
- Obligations During Leave
- Reinstatement After Leave
- Claims and Penalties
- Forms, Policies and Guidance
- State Laws
Format and Frequency
- One volume Manual
- Quarterly Updates
About Your Print Subscription
Your annual subscription includes published updates at no additional charge for the 12-month subscription period. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Client Services at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-727-5257, Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Time.
Authors and Editors
Peter A. Susser is a partner in the Washington, D.C., law office of Littler Mendelson, where he represents employers and trade associations in labor and employment matters. He holds an undergraduate degree from Cornell University's School of Industrial and Labor Relations, a J.D. from the law school of the College of William and Mary and an L.L.M. in labor law from the Georgetown University Law Center. Peter Susser is author and contributing editor of Thompson’s Family and Medical Leave Handbook.