Get the latest on FLSA overtime regulations. BLR's self-audit guide is the tool that can help you understand the new Fair Labor Standard Act's regulations and how their changes affect your organization. The Audit Guide’s step-by-step approach will walk you through the audit process and help you accurately classify your jobs - exempt and nonexempt – to meet the new overtime requirements. By making required changes now you can avoid expensive enforcement actions and class action lawsuits based on wage and hour problems.
This guide will help you determine whether you are in an industry, or employ the type of worker, that is most typically at risk. And it will help you determine the most cost-effective method of compliance with the revised Fair Labor Standards Act.
The Self-Audit Guide will provide you with discussion and expert advice like this:
- The key changes to the FLSA
Includes a chart highlighting the differences between the old and new laws
- New overtime requirements
How the law may directly affect your company’s wage and hour policies and practices
- The new Duties tests
You get precise explanations and examples of the Executive, Administrative, Learned Professional, and Creative Professional exemptions
- Determine how your unionized workplace might be affected
- Find out which specific job titles are mentioned in the new regulations
- Calculate the cost of implementing changes in your company
- Prepare for, conduct, document, and follow up on your self-audit
- Analyze the various compliance options and determining which would be the most appropriate and cost-effective for your company