2013 Payroll Taxes Explained: HR's Guide to W-2s, Healthcare Reporting, and More
With the IRS increasing its 2013 auditing budget by more than 7 percent, and recent legislation affecting employer compliance, it’s clear that government agencies are cracking down on pay policies and procedures across the board.
The IRS is requiring employers to start reporting healthcare coverage under employer-sponsored group insurance plans, and it has released guidance on how to comply with W-2 reporting requirements.
In addition, the agency announced the new Voluntary Classification Settlement Program, which seeks to provide past payroll tax relief to employers that reclassify their workers. Part of the IRS’ Fresh Start initiative, this program aims to increase compliance and reduce burdens for employers by providing greater certainty on tax-related matters. The application is due to the IRS at least 60 days before beginning the treatment of workers as employees, so it’s time to get up to date on VCSP compliance requirements.
These are just a few of the key issues that will impact your payroll procedures in 2013.
Stay on track and in compliance, and get up-to-date on the most recent developments in payroll systems and procedures from a payroll advisor with more than 30 years of experience helping organizations like yours.
Participate in this interactive webinar, and you'll learn:
- The latest update of W-2s and Form 941 for 2013
- Tips for reporting employer-provided healthcare coverage on form W-2 for 2013, including which employers must report and which ones are exempt from reporting
- How to calculate the amount to be reported concerning FSA and healthcare reporting and which box to use to report
- Form W-2 reporting requirements for multi-state employees
- How to report health insurance for nondependent children
- The difference between independent contractors and employees, the importance of the Form SS-8, and the penalties for getting your classifications wrong
- A summary of VCSP, including which employers are eligible to use the program, the application process lowdown, and the practical impact of participating in the program
- An overview about the taxation of fringe benefits, including prizes and awards, gift cards and certificates, personal use of company vehicles, and FSA contributions
- And more
In just 90 minutes, you can prevent HR headaches by learning how to find and fix payroll procedure and policy issues. Register now for this event risk-free.
Your Webinar Leader
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, is founder and director of The Payroll Advisor (www.thepayrolladvisor.com), a firm that provides unique and expert services for business owners and other professionals dealing with the complexities and technicalities of the payroll process. She has lectured extensively throughout the United States on payroll administration and compliance issues with clients ranging from ADP to Sun Microsystems, and she has written and edited numerous payroll publications and newsletters. Ms. Lambert is a Certified Payroll Professional with
more than 30 years of multi-state payroll experience.