OSHA-Compliant Safety Training: How to Build a World-Class Training Program in Accordance with Federal Law - On-Demand
Webinar now available On-Demand.
Many of OSHA’s standards include specific employee training requirements that employers must follow to ensure compliance and avoid potential citations. There are requirements for who must be trained, course content and language, delivery methods, trainer qualifications, refresher, and recordkeeping.
In order to ensure the effectiveness of your safety program, it must make employees aware of all job risks and be tailored to all employee education levels. In addition to being informative, safety training should also promote engagement and retention. Learning from accidents, modifications, improvements to tasks, and promoting employee engagement in a safe work environment is an integral part of a company’s success, compliance and safety culture.
Use this on-demand webinar when Joe Keenan, a seasoned safety technical trainer and manager, will present strategies to help you design a safety training program that meets OSHA requirements, engages all levels of employees, and helps improve the overall safety performance of your organization.
You’ll learn how to:
- Identify the critical components a workplace safety training program must have to be in compliance with OSHA standards
- Evaluate the latest trends in safety training
- Assess the importance of tailoring your training to employees’ language and education level to meet OSHA requirements
- Develop processes for training recordkeeping to be able to demonstrate to OSHA that your program meets regulatory requirements
- Consider the best methods to keep your safety training program relevant and effective in your workplace
- Identify who should participate in the delivery of safety training programs based on OSHA requirements
- Convince senior management that safety training is a good investment
- Use employee engagement as an important tool in ensuring transfer and retention of knowledge
- Determine effectiveness of employee involvement using feedback mechanisms
- Utilize safety training incentives that work and comply with OSHA guidelines
- And more!
About Your Presenter:
Senior Safety Coordinator
Mr. Keenan, a Senior Safety Coordinator with C Spire, is a highly experienced Environmental Health and Safety and Human Resources (HR) Professional and Management Consultant with over 21 years of experience. Mr. Keenan received his Green Belt in Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing in 2005, Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with a Human Resource Management Concentration in 2007 and Certified Safety Professional (CSP) in 2011. He is presently serving as President of the Mississippi Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) and served on the OSHA Voluntary Protection Program Participants Association (VPPPA) Region IV Board of Directors as a Director at Large from 2013-2015. Mr. Keenan is an OSHA General Industry and Construction 10/30-Hour Authorized Outreach Trainer since 2002.