Job Descriptions with Value: Strategies, Tools, and Technology to Optimize Job Description Content - on CD
As the economy starts to regain footing, many organizations are now looking to start hiring again. As an HR manager, you many be tempted to plop down at the computer, dig up the same old job descriptions you've always used, and cut and paste away. Or you may just pass off the task to the nearest intern. Either way, you may not be getting the most out of your job descriptions.
Job descriptions aren’t merely lists of qualifications and duties. To the contrary, they are active documents by which you determine who you will hire, and how you will evaluate and compensate the people who will eventually fill those jobs.
With new technology and an improving job market, you'll soon find yourself facing a buyers’ market of applicants who will have many more jobs and offers to consider. This makes writing concise and effective job descriptions a crucial component for setting your organization apart from the competition in order to attract the best candidates.
Participate in this interactive webinar, and you’ll learn:
- How value-added job descriptions are now being used to support recruiting, on-boarding, performance management, succession planning, and compensation
- Why the approval and organizational funding process is a critical role in gaining buy-in to move forward with finalizing the job description and filling the role
- The critical role job descriptions play in helping organizations develop and manage high-performing workforces and supporting talent-management programs
- How to free yourself from lengthy task lists that are tough to create by drafting richly detailed, outcome- and performance-based job descriptions that are concise and effective
- How to accurately devise job descriptions that reflect the competencies, experiences, and educational requirements needed for an employee’s success in a given role
- Specific steps needed to develop a clearly defined and legally compliant job description with the manager as the primary owner of the role
- How to leverage new technologies to build, manage, and integrate job description content with your performance management processes
- Legal considerations you must think about when adjusting job descriptions for value, including the ADA, pay equity, labor intense considerations, and more
In just 90 minutes, you'll learn tips for writing job descriptions with value so you can hire, evaluate, and compensate the best candidates.
About your presenter:
Mary Anne Kennedy is the principal consultant at MAKHR Consulting, LLC, a full-service human resources advisory firm. MAKHR Consulting provides small- to medium-sized business owners and employers with the full spectrum of HR services and programs, including all aspects of talent acquisition—from the full cycle recruitment process to succession planning and performance management. Before launching her business, Ms. Kennedy spent eights years with a Fortune 100 pharmaceutical company in a variety of human resources leadership roles. She also served as the HR Generalist for a Fortune 500 office furniture manufacturer and as senior HR consultant focusing on staffing, coaching, and organizational development for a wide range of employers including for-profit and not-for-profit.