Gender Pay Equity: How to Use More Than Salary Numbers to Close the Gap - on CD
From employee whispers around the water cooler to the White House’s Equal Pay Task Force, gender pay equity is a high-priority workplace issue.
The federal Equal Pay Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 both prohibit pay discrimination, and the Paycheck Fairness Act will likely be revisited this year.
If you think you're paying your men and your women equally, you may well be mistaken -- the most frequently cited numbers don't tell the full story of whether male and female employees are compensated equally for equal work. And getting it wrong can mean losing some of your best talent, not to mention risking a costly and publicly embarrassing lawsuit.
Watch this in-depth webinar that will explain everything you need to know about gender-neutral pay at work. You'll learn:
- How the "23-cent pay gap" is calculated -- and why it's inaccurate
- Pay differences by occupation, industry, and work experience
- The impact of career interruptions, including those created by employees temporarily leaving the workforce to care for their children
- Smart strategies for reviewing wage-setting practices and the subjective criteria to avoid
- How to reduce compensation programs to writing -- what to include in your descriptions pertaining to merit, seniority, productivity bonus, or commission programs
- Tips for training employees on how your compensation programs work
- The role your formal job evaluation system plays in your compensation practices, and how to be sure it's valid and reliable
- Why you must document reasons for non-performance-based deviations from normal salary structures in an employee’s compensation file at the time the deviation occurs
- How to conduct a periodic audit of your compensation practices to see if gender groups are being treated differently, and whether disparities are based on legitimate, non-gender-based factors and supported by objective documentation
- What to do if you find compensation disparities between men and women at your workplace
- And much more!
In just 90 minutes, you'll learn tips for establishing and maintaining a gender-neutral pay system in your workplace. Order now!
About your presenter:
Stephanie R. Thomas, Ph.D., is the Founder and CEO of Thomas Econometrics Inc. She specializes in applied statistics and mathematical economics. Since 1999, Ms. Thomas has provided consulting services to Fortune 500 companies, privately held businesses, major law firms and government agencies such as the Department of Justice and the FBI. She has testified as an economic and statistical expert in mediation, arbitration, and in federal and state courts throughout the United States. Regarded as one of the leading experts on the analysis of equal employment issues, Ms. Thomas is a noted authority on compensation gender equity, the quantitative analysis of discrimination, and the mathematical examination of employment practices. She has extensive experience in the statistical analysis of gender, race and age discrimination claims with respect to compensation, hiring, promotion, termination and other employment practices.