Build a Better Boss: How to Recognize, Support, and Develop the Core Skills for Managerial Success - on CD
Being a highly successful supervisor requires a fundamentally different skill set than it did even five years ago. Your bosses are under new pressures to do more with less and derive more value from each employee. It can be hard them to think about being a progressive and inspirational leader when they are just trying to meet daily job demands.
Most productive employees leave an organization because of something their supervisor is doing -- or not doing. Whether leaders find themselves too overwhelmed with responsibilities to take an active interest in employee development or haven't received the proper leadership training to inspire creativity, take risks, and cultivate project ownership, the result is the same.
Don't wait until your best employee walks out the door. Train your supervisors on how to better manage, motivate, and inspire in even the most challenging times.
Watch this interactive webinar, and you'll learn:
- How to select the best candidate for a supervisory position
- Key factors beyond the resume that will give you indicators of latent supervisory aptitude
- How to proactively manage the transition from independent contributor to supervisor
- Behavior and process changes you need the new supervisor to know to make their transition successful
- How to plan and run a new boss transition workshop that introduces the supervisor to her new team
- Expectations and a timeline for success from an HR point of view and how to create a supervisory toolkit to share with new supervisors
- Key legal issues that new supervisors need to keep on their radar
- Guidelines you can use to coach effective time management
- Five symptoms of success you will see that tell you the new supervisor is on track and doing well
- Five symptoms of potential derailment that tell you that you need to provide more coaching and guidance
- And more!
In just 90 minutes, you'll learn tips to help your leaders develop the skills they need to manage, motivate, and inspire employees. Order now!
About your presenter:
Alice Waagen, PhD is president and founder of Workforce Learning, LLC, a leadership development company that since 1997 has provided managers and C-level executives with the skills and knowledge they need to build a more productive work environment. Prior to founding Workforce Learning, Alice served as Senior Director of Corporate Training for Amtrak in Washington DC and Director Education, Training & Development for Freddie Mac in McLean VA. In both of those positions, Alice created and implemented workplace development programs that served her internal clients from the shop floor to the executive suite.
Dr. Waagen has a passion for working with organization leaders to identify their successful HR programs and practices as well as to develop new programs that increase leader effectiveness. In the past three years, more than 125 leaders from 24 different organizations have graduated from Alice’s unique leadership development workshop series.
Alice is frequently called on to present on topics of organizational learning best practices. She has spoken at the International Personnel Management Association (IPMA) annual conference, numerous chapter meeting of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), American Association for Training & Development (ASTD), the Association of Fundraising Professional (AFFP) and the American Legal Association (ALA). She has facilitated strategic leadership off sites for a number of Metro DC organizations including the Civilian Research & Development Foundation (CRDF), Haynes Boone Inc., McNeil Technology, Horizon Corporation, and US AID.