Complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act can be confusing and difficult for even the most savvy HR practitioner. This manual provides detailed answers to some of the most complicated issues that HR practitioners face. Each chapter contains numerous realistic examples to illustrate the concepts discussed. At the end of each chapter, readers can test their knowledge and understanding of the subject matter covered with a multiple-choice quiz. The answer key provides a detailed explanation of the correct answers.
You'll get plain-English answers to your thorniest ADA compliance questions, including:
- If you determine that an employee is actually disabled, to what lengths must you go to reasonably accommodate?
- What’s an “undue hardship?”
- What are the essential functions of the job?
- How should you alter your workplace policies in light of the new ADA Amendments Act?
Don't let your organization become the next EEOC target. Learn how to comply with the latest rules and regulations with the ADA Compliance Manual. It's your at-a-glance reference for making smart, defensible decisions on these topics and more:
- Reasonable accommodations
- Essential job functions
- Medical inquires
- Adjusting policies to comply with new legislation and DOL regulations
BONUS: When you make this resource part of your reference library, you'll also get:
- A comprehensive guide to overcoming hundreds of policy and administration hurdles, using real-world examples and plain English.
- A quarterly newsletter, which contains all the information you'll need to know about latest changes .
- A free CD containing forms, policies, checklists, state-by-state comparison charts, and more
Buyers' Benefit: To make sure your ADA Compliance: Practical Solutions for HR remains current with changing interpretations and court decisions, we monitor courts, Congress, and state legislatures. Each year, we'll rush you an updated edition and bill on a 30-day review basis. You pay only if you decide to keep the updated edition.